Daily I welcome new people into the ABC Jesus Loves Me Family through Facebook, the ABCJLM Newsletter, and this blog. I love it! Parents, grandparents, and teachers joining us on our mission.
But I realize that the vast majority of you do not know me. I mean really know me. What you know of me is strictly through a computer screen. Though I try very hard to be transparent and real, you only see what I allow you to see.
Any positive thing that you see on this blog or on the ABCJLM website is because of the Holy Spirit. I truly am humbled that God has chosen me as His vessel to aid families, churches, preschools, and groups to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
In reality, I am a mom or teacher just like you. I struggle to keep it together, focus on what is important, and keep my eyes on Jesus.
To help you better know me, I want to share the down-to-earth, naked-truth, let's-be-honest stuff that women really struggle with.
So here goes nothing...
23 Things (I Don't Want You to Know) About Me
- There are days when I honestly forget to brush my teeth. Disgusting, I know! Some days, it's noon or later before I make time for this important task.
- I have been known to hide things in my dishwasher or oven before people come over.
- There are times when I get frustrated with my kiddos which elevates my volume - and blood pressure. Dear Lord, help me!
- I really, really dislike exercising. While God is slowly moving my heart over to understand the need, I definitely don't have a desire to work out.
- My work desk is a disaster area 99% of the time. This is why I got an armor (with doors) for my computer stand.
- I struggle saving the world all while losing my family. It is a balancing act I have to keep in check.
- At times, I desire a straightened house so badly that I bowl over anything and anyone in my way.
- Being strong-willed makes me hard to live with. Just ask my husband.
- I am really bad about placing expectations on other people. Unfortunately for them, they don't receive the memo.
- I flunked "style" in high school and college. My hair and dress are anything but stylish. It's a joke among my friends. Has to do with the natural curly hair, tight pocketbook, and that I don't get out much.
- Sometime, I choose to block out the world - my family - by blogging or updating my websites. I call it my "mommy drug."
- I can not write. I know it...My past composition teacher bled red pens on my papers to prove it. Remind me again why I have a blog?
- Because I can not write, I often have errors in my blog posts. Most of the errors I catch afterwards despite much proofreading. This is a huge frustration for me.
- The traits that I hate about myself are the traits in my children that absolutely drive me bonkers.
- I often ask my husband if God has told him to become a missionary in Africa. This is serious fear of mine.
- I don't cry very much but just hearing my mom or aunt's voice can make me cry when I am having one of "those" days.
- I am very prideful. (See #8)
- I put very high expectations on myself. So high that I fail to live up to them most of the time.
- Some days I am jealous that my husband gets to go to work and that I have to stay at home and keep the peace.
- Showering is not high on my priority list most days. (See #1)
- I don't drink enough water to keep a camel alive.
- I can not ever get ahead "enough."
- I can not run. It is a very big joke amongst our friends to try and get me to run just so they can have a laugh and try to get a video as they are sure it would go viral on YouTube. (See #4)
But as I look over this list, I am reminded of my brokenness. My need for a Savior. Because without the saving grace of my Lord and the work of the Holy Spirit I would be a pile of clay. Praise God that He has taken this cracked pot and made it a vessel He can use.
As you use share on the ABCJLM Facebook pages and with your friends, I encourage you to drop the facade. Let's be real with each other. Let's make ABCJLM and Our Out-of-Sync Life places where "We all are broken. We all matter. And One gets the glory."
Today on the ABC Jesus Loves Me Facebook Group, we are going to continue this conversation. I hope you will join us.