Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Need a Prayer Guide?

credit


I found this page in a folder of Women's Ministry tools that I have collected over the years.  I thought I would share it as a basis guide to help you during your quiet time.

The guide is based upon the A.C.T.S. prayer model:  Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication.  This is similar to the D.R.A.W. Deeper quiet time model that I use.  (You can read more on this in my updated ebook "A Quiet Time, Worth the Time" to be released soon!) 

Understand that I do not say the exact words in this guide.  But, if you are not familiar with having Bible and prayer time, this can be a model to help you get started.  Then tweak it to match your needs and personality.

Adoration

Lord, You are ____________, __________, __________.


 Confession

(Ask the Holy Spirit to show you things that you have done wrong.)

I confess that I have sinned against You by _______________, ______________, ______________.


Thanksgiving

Jesus, I thank you for _____________________.

 Supplication

Today I would like to pray for _____________.

I pray for ____________ who needs to know you.  And I pray for _____________ who needs to renew their relationship with You.

I pray for ______________ (missionaries or ministries) that Youwould open the doors of ministry for them.


I pray for my friend __________________ and my family member ______________. 

I pray for ___________ who is sick.


I pray for my pastor and the other leaders of our church that You would give them wisdom in their decisions.  I pray for the leaders for this country. 

Please help me as I face temptation today. 



Prayer isn't about fancy words or fluffy request.  It is a communication with a God who wants you to know Him better.  If you haven't tried praying before, give it a try.  And then let me know how it goes!


No comments :

Post a Comment

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.