Monday, January 6, 2014

What Does the New Year Hold?

credit


Her slumped shoulders and darkened eyes said it all.  I have seen it so many times.  At church... at restaurants...  at the park...  at Walmart. 

I have seen the same image in the mirror before. 


Her Facebook posts and Tweets bleed of pain and frustration.  A cry of help begging someone to give guidance and relief.  I envision her typing as tears quietly flow down her checks. 

These are the figures of mommas who are absolutely, positively overwhelmed and exhausted. 

My heart hurts each time I see a weary mommy or read the posts of pain.  It probably hurts so much because I understand.  I've been there more times than I want to admit.  Each time I see the images it takes everything in me not to run to the momma, give her a hug, scoop up her kiddos, and grant her a much needed recess. 

So many times as moms our cups are empty yet they still need to pour out. 

Can you relate?

As I pray about the direction God wants me to take this blog these are the haunting images that continually come to my mind. 

What does my web family need to read to receive encouragement?


A while back God brought me this verse.
Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.   I Thessalonians 2:8
I pray that the Gospel oozes out of these blog posts.  I pray that you understand that there is a God who loves you and desperately wants you to come home, into His wide open arms.  I beg you to understand that we are all broken but we all matter.  If you aren't sure what this means, I ask you to send me a note as I would be honored to talk to you more.

The Gospel is the reason I have focused for the past few days on helping you develop "A Quiet Time, Worth the Time."  I have giving you a Challenge for Change as you begin each morning in the Word.  I'm prayerful that each morning is becoming sweeter. 

But in the second part of I Thes 2:8, Paul declares his delight in sharing his life as well. 

This is where I feel God is leading me as well.  Asking me to share what I am learning in my life as an encouragement to you. 

For the exhausted momma, I want to encourage you as a mom who is in the trenches with you.
For the overwhelmed mommy, I desire to share mistakes and tips I have learned along the way.
For the momma who hurts, I long to be loving arms with words of comfort.
For the mom who wants more than survival, I purpose to help you find joy in the journey.
For the unsettled momma, I pray I can provide ideas for contentment in each season of life. 
For the mommy whose cup is dry, I hope to lead you to the source of Living Water.

Friends, I don't have all the answers.  The older I get the fewer answers I realize I hold.  I am a cracked pot just like you are.  But, I know that God never meant us to walk the Christian life alone.  And I hope that you will allow me to run with you the race God has set before us.

Today's post begins a year of honest, raw conversations between friends.  Posts of encouragement, sharing, comfort, help, and ideas all leading you to Jesus.  I pray that you will be part of this conversation as you share your experiences and questions with me as well either through commenting on the blog or on our Facebook pages. 

Why?  Because no one should walk this "out-of-sync" life alone. 

Will you walk with me?

No comments :

Post a Comment

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.