Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Can You Be Thankful for the Valley?

Pin It

A sweet friend of mine has been through so much in the last few years with losing her mom and dad.  This was her post on Facebook this morning. 
There are some moments when I am overwhelmed with the goodness of our Lord! This morning as I reflected over the last few years in the valley of death.....I am thankful for:  
The pain because He is the Comforter
The recognition of my mortality because I am reminded of how much Jesus loves me and that this is not my home
The bad days where nothing goes right because I know if Satan feels the need to attack then there is a testimony right around the corner waiting to happen! 
The suffering because it is truly for the glory of the Lord!  
Thank you Jesus for the valley...that is where we draw on Your strength!
Is this what you needed to hear today?  God knew that I did. 

Paul reminds us in Romans 8:18 "that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Author and speaker Nancy Leigh DeMoss says, "Anything that makes me need God is a blessing. We want to be confident strong and capable. God wants us to be needing and dependent."

Friends, such an encouraging reminder.  This valley is not a waste.



What is God teaching you in the valley?

No comments :

Post a Comment

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.