Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Are You Doing for Jesus?

source
Pin It

Do.  Do.  Do.

Constantly working.  If I am not sleeping, I am working. 

Even though there isn't a "Men at Work" sign above my head, my focused drive defers any question from onlookers. 

But as a Christian, I am working for Jesus.  Doing the dishes, for Jesus.  Playing with the kids, for Jesus.  Making a meal for other families, for Jesus.

That sounds really spiritual doesn't it?

At church a few months ago, I heard something that made my spiritual answer seem really flaky. 
It isn't about what I can do for Jesus.  What is important is how much I love Jesus. 
Do you see the difference?

I can work myself to death working for Jesus.  But that is not what God asks of me.  Let's look at what the Bible says.
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Ouch.  That strikes right in the heart of the matter!

When I love Jesus, I will work.  I will do.  But the attitude and drive is completely different.  It isn't because I have to work but that I want to work because it is a way for me to show love. 

This is my ponder thought of the day.  What is yours?


No comments :

Post a Comment

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.