Thursday, April 11, 2013

Are You Unglued?


Pin It

This is going to be an unusual review because I am going to tell you to right now to click on the below link and put this book in your cart.  You will thank me!

Unglued Devotional: 60 Days of Imperfect Progress by Lisa Terkeurst is an incredible book and you will be blessed and encouraged.

And because this is an unusual post, instead of telling you what I like and don't like, I am simply going to share some of my favorite quotes from the book.  A book that helps you gain control of your eruptive emotions.  I think these quotes alone will convenience you why I love this book.
I'm not a slave to my feelings.  I'm the boss of them.
My reaction [is] an outside indication of an internal situation.
God is big enough to handle my honest feelings.
Disappointment only stings as long as I let it. 
Change only comes when we're repentant.
Our Lord doesn't whisper shameful condemnations.   Convictions, yes.  Condemnations, no.  

And this is just a small fragment of the points that I underlined while going through this book.

Because nothing is perfect, I do have to share that I feel the word "devotional" is a loose term in this case.  While Lisa includes a Bible verse in each day's section and while the premise of the book is about your personal relationship with God, Unglued Devotional is still more of a self-help book. 

While I am tempted to use this book as my main devotional, I know that I am hearing more of what Lisa thinks instead of God is telling me in His Word. 

Here is a quote by Charles Spurgeon:

“Visit many good books, but live in the Bible.”

And I believe that Lisa would agree. 

Remember, I really like this book.  I just caution you from counting the time you read this book as time in the Word. 


Are you unglued?


Thank you to Zondervan for allowing me to review this book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.