Thursday, March 7, 2013

Review: Lily's Easter Party: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs

Pin It

For several years, I have suggested the Resurrection Eggs for Easter.  I believe the lead up to the empty egg on Easter morning is simple enough for even young children to understand. 

Crystal Bowman has written a book to explain the Resurrection Eggs. Lily's Easter Party: The Story of the Resurrection Eggs is a story about an Easter egg hunt between Lily and her friends.  Upon opening each of the eggs, the symbolism of the item instead each egg is explained.

At 37 pages, this is a long picture book.  While one-third of it sets up the hunt, the rest explains each symbol found in the eggs. While my elementary aged children enjoyed it, I would have to break it up for my preschooler.

I believe that this book could be used with your own Resurrection Eggs set. It would be especially helpful if you are unsure of how to explain each symbol.

Find additional Easter ideas on the ABCJesusLovesMe website. 


How do you explain the significance of Easter to your child(ren)?



Thank you to Zonderkidz for allowing me to review this book.

2 comments :

  1. We bought that book this year too. I agree, it takes more than one setting for my 3 year old. We LOVE the Resurrection eggs and have used them the last couple of years with lots of fun with Miss Patty Cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Resurrection eggs turn the abstract Easter story into something visual. Perfect!

      Delete

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.