Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Review: Secrets

Pin It

Every once in a while I want to read something that requires no thinking.  Other than reading the words, I can slip into vegetable mode.  This is what Secrets, the first book of the Glenbrooke series by Robin Jones Gunn, allowed me to do.  And, it was great!

I became a Robin Jones Gunn fan as a teenager while reading the Christy Miller series (which I highly suggest for all high school girls).   This author is incredibly gifted because she has done a wonderful job on her Mrs. Rosey Posey children's series as well.

It's the typical contemporary Christian fiction plot - a girl in distress, a handsome single man in a small town, and secrets that could keep them apart.  Nothing new. 

But, if you are looking for an easy read to take you away, Robin Jones Gunn's series are a good place to start!


Which author do you turn to when  you need a break from reality?

 
Thank you Multnomah Publishing for allowing me to review this book.

2 comments :

  1. This looks like a great tune out of reality book when you need that. I read a little on the different "disorder" situations you are dealing with and just know that I'm praying for you today and wishing you and your family God's very best. Hugs :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane - Thank you so much for your sweet words and prayers. You will never know how much those meant to me. God bless you! - Heidi

      Delete

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.