I found this list in the book Your Husband Your Friend and thought it was too good not to share! Take a moment to write these down in your prayer journal, on a note card, or in your Bible. Place the list above your kitchen sink so that you remember to pray for your husband. Add this list to your quiet times.
Pray for your husband:
- His daily walk with the Lord
- The right kind of friends and associates
- His ability to work in harmony with others
- Safety in his travels
- The ability to make good decisions
- The ability to set right priorities
- Contentment in his work
- Continuous work
- Integrity in the workplace
- Your marriage and your children
One of my friends has a prayer journal that she keeps just for prayers for her husband. She leaves it out with the intent that her husband can read it at any time. How powerful to see specifically how someone is praying for you! Also, she has asked her husband to write down in the journal specific prayer request that he has. Sometimes, men don't feel comfortable telling their wives what they need but by providing them with a place to write the needs down still accomplishes the goal.
How do you pray for your husband?