Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I am Tired of It All!



I am tired.

Tired of failing.  Tired of missing the mark.  Tired of not meeting other's expectations.  Tired of not matching up to my own. 

I am tired.

Tired of training, disciplining, cleaning.  Tired of laundry, cooking, and dishes.  Tired of picking up, sorting, and rearranging. 

I am tired.

Tired of saying "no," "wait," and "don't touch."  Tired of explaining, reexplaining, and coming up with new words to explain again. 

I am tired.

Tired of not being the person I know God wants me to be.  Tired of working to be filled with the fruits, loving like Jesus does, and seeing people through God's eyes.  I am tired of the flesh ruling my life.

I am tired of it all!

But there is one thing that I am not tired of.  Reading what God says in His Word about me!

Grab your Bible and join me at the forever-flowing fountain of God's promises of my identity in Christ.  As you read each verse, insert your name and proclaim the promise outloud.

Here is an example:  Psalms 139:14, "Heidi is fearfully and wonderfully made."
  • Psalm 139:13-16
  • Psalm 17
  • Deuteronomy 7:6

  • Exodus 4:11
  • John 10:10
  • Romans 8:14-15
  • 1 Peter 2:9
  • Jeremiah 29:11
  • Philippians 3:20
  • John 10:14
  • Ephesians 2:10
  • Philippians 4:13
  • Psalm 139:1-4
  • Deuteronomy 28:13
  • Colossians 2:13-14
  • Galatians 4:6-7
  • Colossians 3:3-4
  • 1 Samuel 16:7
  • John 1:12-13
  • John 15:15
  • Ephesians 1:4-5
  • Romans 5:1-2
  • Colossians 3:12
  • Jeremiah 31:3
  • Galatians 3:26-27
  • Romans 8:1-2
  • Psalm 138:8
  • 1 John 3:1
  • Romans 6:18
  • Ephesians 2:6
  • In Philippians 4:8, God tells me to think about whatever is "true, noble, right, pure, and lovely."

    The verses above are all true.  They show God's love for me.  I never tire knowing that I am created in God's image - fearfully and wonderfully made, chosen and loved by the Most High, and that God has a purpose for me.

    I am also reminded that God doesn't ask me to "work for," "try to," or "do."  God is asking me to "be."  I am to "be" open to His leading.  "Be" available to His calling.  "Be" filled with His Spirit.  These are not things that I strive for or work harder for. 

    Dear Lord, I read your promises and praise You.  God, You know how much I needed to hear these promises today; and everyday.  Place these promises on my heart.  Let them sing loud.  God, I am tired of simply "trying" to do it all.  I want to just "be" clay in Your hands.  I desire to be Your hands, Your eyes, Your feet to spread Your love.  Lord, when I start to "work" to be more like you, remind me to come to your feet and rest.  In Jesus' name...

    Pick a verse (from this list or another) that the Holy Spirit especially used to remind you of God's love for you.  Write it on a card and post where you will see it.  Then share with us.  



    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.