Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Review: My First Hands-On Bible

My First Hands-On Bible


In the first few moments of holding this Bible, I knew that I had just found my Bible of choice for the 5 Year Curriculum.  My husband knew he had just found a Bible for night time devos with the kids. 

If this title rings a bell, just a year ago I reviewed the bigger brother to this Bible - Hands-On Bible NLTI really liked what I saw but knew it would be a little while before we could use it.  This Bible is perfect for our pre-Kindergarten and first grader!

Seriously, I can't wait to start this review and tell you all the amazing items in this book!

Okay..here we go!
  • This Bible is scripture.  Not stories. The text is taken from the New Living Translation. 
  • As you read the scripture, hand print divide the verses.  Each handprint provides a "hands-on activity" to do to enhance the reading.  Most of the activities are simply doing-the-text movement but some are a little more detailed. 
  • Prayer Time - Each story has a prayer written out that targets a learning point from the story.
  • Let's Talk - Questions to help the child apply the lesson to his/her daily life.  I love how most of the questions are focused on God.
  • Activities - A variety of things that you can do with the child to further learning, application, and time together.
  • Song Time - Many stories contain a song to sing.  Many are set to familiar tunes while some are standard "Sunday School songs."
  • Jesus Connection - LOVE THIS!!!  Each Bible story shows how it connects to Jesus. 
The illustrations are soft and real looking.  The book contains a good ratio of words and pictures.  The pages are not over busy but are easy to follow and make all of the connections. 

If you have a child who is four to eight years old, I highly suggest this Bible.  Look for it in the ABCJLM 5 Year Curriculum - coming soon!


This is a MamaBzz Review. Thank you to Tyndale for allowing me to review this Bible!

1 comment :

  1. This is awesome. I have been looking for another Bible for my 5.5 year old reader. I think he's out growing his Beginner's Bible!

    ✿LaToya
    Christian Momma

    ReplyDelete

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.