Monday, May 9, 2011

ABCJLM Survey Results

The survey is tallied.  Thank you so much to those who took the time to fill it out!  Here are the results...
How would you rate the ABCJLM website overall?
1 -
Worst
0%
20%
33%
445%
5 -
Best
          52%

How would you rate the ABCJLM Preschool Curriculum overall?
1 -
Worst
0%
20%
36%
436%
5 -
Best
          58%

How would you rate the navigation of the website?
1 -
Can't find anything
              0%
29%
39%
427%
5 -
Super easy to find what I want
55%

What is your favorite part(s) of the ABCJLM website?
Curriculum88%
Learning to Write Handwriting Ideas            18%
Holiday and Craft Ideas27%
Worksheets30%
Links33%
Extra Ideas24%
Other9%

What part of the ABCJLM website needs the most improvement?
Curriculum           4%
Learning to Write Handwriting Ideas9%
Holidays and Craft Ideas0%
Worksheets17%
Links9%
Extra Ideas30%
Other30%

How often do you visit the ABC Jesus Loves Me website?
5-7 Times a Week                   6%
3-4 Times a Week25%
1-2 Times a Week28%
Twice a month9%
On a golden chance...25%
Never3%

     Comments -
Here are some of the questions and comments made on the survey.  I will try to answer all of them that I can.


  • Place with the Alphabet and Number posters together - Click for a collection of the Alphabet Poster and Number Posters.  These are found under "Learning Letters and Numbers."  You can also order these printed in the Preschool Worksheets book along with other worksheets. 




  • Children who can already write name, letters, or numbers before they are introduced in the curriculum - Since every child is at a different place in development, I have tried to find a happy medium.  Please tailor the curriculum as needed. 




  • Finding things one time but being unable to find them again - If you ever have trouble finding something, please let me know what you are looking for and where you would like to find it.   I will gladly add another link to the page if it is possible. 




  • Offering several options of supplemental material - I have tried to offer several options of material to enhance the curriculum.  Not everyone is going to have the resources nor the desire to acquire all of these items.  My lists only cover a fragment of the options available so if you have more to add, please let me know!




  • Using the curriculum in day-to-day life - This is something that I am going to be focusing on.  Be looking for blogs that contain detailed info (with pictures) of each lesson. 




  • More activities that go with the letters of the week and more book suggestions - I will continue to keep my eyes out for more ideas.  Please let me know if you find a great ones!




  • More "meat" with the Bible stories and character traits - Please understand that the curriculum is only a skeleton.  It provides you the parameters while allowing you to do whatever you want with the rest. 




  • We can do it all in about 30 minutes a day - Great!  I do not want "school" time to dictate your day.  Fill the rest of your day with games, coloring, painting, cooking, outdoor fun, "helping" mommy. 




  • More concise way of printing off lesson plans - Hmmm...I will have to think on this one.




  • Finding specific things in one place (fingerplays, poems, etc) - I will work on this.  Great idea!




  • More curriculum to come? - Yes...I hope!  A 2 Year Curriculum is in the works right now with plans for a 5 Year Curriculum in the future.  Understand that these are a long way off.  Please join me in praying for what both curriculum will look like.  Currently I am working on writing a book of Bible stories centered around using the Betty Lukens Flannelgraph.  More details on this to come. 



  • Thank you, Thank you!!!  I received so many encouraging comments.  All of your thoughts blessed me because you took the time to give me your suggestions, questions, and thanks for the websites.  If you have more to add, please leave a comment!



    3 comments :

    1. Hi, I just found the ABC Jesus Loves Me site today. I have a daughter who will be 4 at the end of October. I would love to start her on one of the curriculums in August, but I'm really not sure which one would be right for her: the 3 year old or 4 year old one? I haven't really taught her much, so I'm thinking the 3 year old curriculum??? Please let me know if you have any advice for me :)
      -Kristin

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for the question - It all depends on how many years your child has until Kindergarten. Read more here - http://ouroutofsynclife.blogspot.com/2010/06/faq-which-curriculum-do-i-choose.html
      For more FAQ - click on the FAQ tab on the right under "Categories".
      Let me know if you have more questions!

      ReplyDelete
    3. For book ideas, have you checked out HomeschoolShare.com? I've been using the Before Five in a Row books, which led me there. They have a great collection of activities to go with some wonderful books. (And it's all free!)

      ReplyDelete

    The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.