Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Your Opinions


I want to publicly thank those of you who take the time to email me or leave comments with your thoughts, concerns, questions, and suggestions. I realize that you are taking time out of your day to do this. But, every email that I receive makes me think through what I have written - usually through another angle or perspective.

Today I received a comment concerning the Berenstain Bear books, as I have suggested several of them. Here is the comment:
I have such a hard time with the Berenstain Bears. An otherwise cute story with a lesson and it is ruined because Papa is a buffoon. I don't understand for the life of me why men are so often portrayed in such a light in our society. What does it tell my sons about their worth? You are doomed to be a dolt and the only hope you have is to marry a level-headed woman? No thanks.

I can not agree more about the poor representation of a father-figure in these books. Berenstain Bear books are just one example of this laugh-at-the-dumb-dad portrayal in our society. Sitcoms are prime examples of using the father as the "joke."

I sincerely appreciate this comment and in the future, I will consider this in my reviews. When time allows, I will go back and review the Berenstain Bear books that I have read with this thought in mind.

God bless those of you who are honest and open with me as God has asked us to hold each other accountable. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

The Our Out-of-Sync Life blog focuses on encouraging women to deepen their spiritual life, simplify daily tasks, and impress Jesus on the children around them.